Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sam The Sham And The Pharohs - Little Red Riding Hood 7"

This is a record that I don't even remember when I bought it. I'm sure I bought it simply because it had a song named "Lil' Red Riding Hood" and I knew of Sam The Sham. But then it just got lost in the shuffle. I must have brought it home with a big pile of other records and and it never made its way to the turntable, that is until this past fall. I can't even remember how it made its way into the rotation, but it did just in time. I had just finished (or thought I had finished) making my Halloween mix for 2007 when I put this record on. It was like divine intervention that I heard this song before I actually started burning discs to give out. I played it for my wife and she couldn't believe how great it was as well. I think we must have played this record about 5 times in a row that night. So I digitized the record and added the song to the 2007 Halloween mix and the rest as they say is history.

The B-Side is a pretty great little rocker. You'll want to grab a partner and tear up the dance floor when you hear it.

Enjoy!

01 Lil' Red Riding Hood.m4a
02 Love Me Like Before.m4a

No comments: