Sunday, December 14, 2008

Mexicali Brass - Christmas With The Mexicali Brass

Another fine record in the tradition of Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass. It's a simple formula. Just replace Tijuana with Mexicali and pray people won't know the difference and buy the record.

So the honest assessment is that the record is good and serviceable, but it isn't as good as Herb would have done or even the Border Brass record I posted earlier. "The First Noel" is pretty good, though. I suggest that above the other tracks first. It made an appearance on my Christmas mix in 2006. Maybe some day I'll share that mix, but probably not this year. I've go too many other records to write about.

Enjoy!

01 Jingle Bells.mp3
02 O' Little Town Of Bethlehem.mp3
03 The First Noel.mp3
04 Hark, The Herald Angels.mp3
05 God Rest Ye Merry Gentle.mp3
06 White Christmas.mp3
07 O' Come All Ye Faithful.mp3
08 Deck The Halls.mp3
09 Joy To The World.mp3
10 Silent Night.mp3

Mexicali Brass.zip

No comments: