Saturday, March 1, 2008

Patti Page - Tennessee Waltz/With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming 7"

If you are looking to hear good clear recordings of miss Page, you might was well stop reading right now because these rips are scratchy and could be painful to listen to if you are a sound fidelity purest. If then this could be a nice sample that might inspire you to seek these songs out on proper recordings.

Patti Page was a hugely successful sings of the 50's. She began her career in the late 40's. She had her first hit in 1950 with "With My Eyes Wide Open I'm Dreaming" which is one of the two songs on this record. In my ripping of the record I made that the B-side because I'm partial to "Tennessee Waltz". "Eyes Wide Open" is a nice song. It sounds like post war American pop. Soothing and pleasent. It sounds like a country trying to bring some sanity back to their lives. It sounds like dream house in the suburbs. Myself I'm not really a big fan of the suburbs. I grew up in one. But I appreciate the nostalgia and I appreciate why G.I.'s returning from the war longed to the peace and quiet of the suburbs.

To me "Tennessee Waltz" is a great song. I buy this song by different artists all the time. It is one of those songs that I never get tired of and I love hearing different interpretations. This release here was Patti's biggest hit of her career. It was released later in 1950. So big was the success of the record that it is considered on of the best selling singles of all time. Not too shabby.

So if you're wondering what all the hub bub was over Patti Page then listen to these songs. They are two fine examples of what made her the sensation that she was.

Enjoy!

01 Tennessee Waltz.mp3
02 With My Eyes Wide Open.mp3

No comments: