Sunday, March 23, 2008

Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) 7" - 1970

This may seem to follow the previous Stevie post too soon, but I don't care. This one is far from some obscure Stevie Wonder song. Signed Sealed Delivered has to be in the top 5 of all time Stevie Wonder songs.

This record is crackly and poppy, but it doesn't matter. The music is so good, I can listen to this thing coming out or just about anything and in any condition.

Read more on the history of the song here. The article talks about the Stax Records sound Stevie got on this single and how it was a groundbreaking song for Motown and Stevie Wonder. Even without all that history and significance one listen will tell you that this song is special.

Side two sounds even worse as far as being a dirty noisy record. You have a problem with that, got buy the song properly. However, the song isn't exactly the greatest song, so you may want to sample it hear and see if you want to lay out your cash. It's not bad, but there are plenty of other songs I'd spend my money on if I were you.

Enjoy!

01 Signed Sealed Delivered.mp3
02 I'm More Than Happy.mp3

No comments: