Thursday, March 25, 2010

She & Him



She & Him released their second album this week. My previous experience with them was with The Smiths cover on the "500 Days Of Summer" soundtrack which was on my Valentine mix this year. The connection I never really made was who She & Him were. It is Zoey Deschanel and M. Ward. Now I knew in the back of my mind that Zoey had some singing project, but I hadn't amde the connection that this was it until this week. I know, lame. M. Ward I've been a casual fan of since I saw him open for The White Stripes some years ago. I think I love his collaboration with Zoey better than anything he has done that I've heard.

So this morning I was listening to their first record "Volume One" and was just blown away by how great just about every track is on the record. So much so that I'm actually going to go pick up the CD so I can have it in my car. I'm a sucker for that retro 60's pop sound. I've written about Lesley Gore. I believe I've talked about my love of the Pippettes and if you've been paying any attention, you know I love Holly Golightly who often dances around that retro world.

Well, I loved what I was hearing so much, that I thought maybe I should share it with the few folks who actually do check in and read this blog. So here are some tracks, thanks to youtube.

Enjoy!







No comments: