Sunday, September 18, 2011

Black Angel's Death Song - In These Time EP - 1992

I'm back and should have a stream of records to share in the coming weeks. I finally got around to scanning a bunch of records and record jackets for some records I digitized about a year ago. I couldn't believe it had been so long. It was about a year ago that I got a bunch of records in the 50 cent bin at Ameoba records and now I can share them. One of the nice finds I got that day was this record by Black Angel's Death Song. Now I don't know much or really anything about this band, except that I like the name. The other thing I can tell you is that the first track "Brothers and Sisters" is rip roaring bashed out fun. Not everything in 1992 was grunge on the alternative rock scene as you will be able to hear on this record. The subsequent tracks "What Will It Take" and "In These Times" are okay, but the real highlight it "Brothers And Sisters". Those tracks are a little slower and do bring up memories of guitar driven grunge, Seattle and that whole time. But like I said, they aren't standouts. "Brothers and Sisters" starts off with a great bass riff, then is quickly accompanied by the drums kicking in giving it even more drive. Then the vocals and crunchy guitars join in and you're off to the races. Clocking in at just 1:44 the song delivers with some sing along accessibility and then gets out. Just what you want in a punk rock song. Love it. Hope you do to.

Enjoy!


01 Brothers And Sisters
02 What Will It Take?
03 In These Times

No comments: