Thursday, May 28, 2009

John Cougar - Jack And Diane/Can You Take It 7" - 1982

Haven't posted in a while. I've been pretty busy. To be honest I'm mostly busy because I've been trying to squeeze more exercise into my day. So in reviewing what kinds of things I have sitting waiting in the wings, this seemed like something that would require the least amount of writing. Lame I know.

Back in 1982 I loved this single. I'm sure many a reader can recall those wonderful days rocking out to this song. It is a great pop song. I don't think I ever sat down to learn the lyrics, but I'm pretty sure I can sing along with the whole thing. That is the sign of a good pop song. Memorability.

The B-side "Can You Take It" reminds me a little of "Hurts So Good" one of the other great early singles from John Cougar. Yes, I still call him John Cougar and rarely add the Mellancamp.

Hope everyone has fun with this one and gets all nostalgic.

Enjoy!

01 Jack And Diane.m4a
02 Can You Take It.m4a

No comments: