Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs @ Spaceland - 04.14.10

Last week I went and saw Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs at Spaceland in LA. It was a really fun night being out with my wife enjoying some really good music. The crowd was pretty chill and the sound was great. There was an opening band The Hi-Hos which I also really enjoyed. You can check out some of their work on their myspace page. They had a bit of an old time country flavor. The singer Camille had a great voice and really set the mood for Holly. There was another band on the bill, The Shirley Rolls, but they actually came on after Holly which was a bit odd and I have to confess that we left after Holly. So I can't give you my honest opinion about how they were live. Anyways, I did take a few snaps that I thought I could share. You can see all the photos here on my flickr page.

I've also found some youtube video someone posted from the night, so enjoy that as a bonus courtesy of someone else. There is also some footage of The Shirley Rolls so see what you think. Seems like they would have been fun. Dig the two drummer thing they have going. To bad I'm getting old and was ready to head home after Holly.

Enjoy!









No comments: