Monday, September 10, 2012

Jaye P. Morgan - Jaye P. Morgan Sings With Frank DeVol's Orchestra - 1956 - 09.10.12

This past weekend I spent nearly 10 hours organizing my records.  It was a lot of alphabetizing, filing and moving records around. The nice thing is that it cleaned up the room and made it nice to go in there and put on a record again.  I'll be honest it was such a mess with boxes of records on the ground that it was kind of an obstacle course.  Now everything is on the shelf.  So I've been back to listening and digitizing records.  This is a record that someone gave me this past summer.  My only real knowledge of Jaye P. Morgan before listening to this record was her appearances on game shows like The Gong Show when I was a kid.  I knew she was a celebrity, but I had no idea for what.  Turns out she was a singer.  The record is good for a listen or two.

The orchestra behind her is Frank DeVol's band. DeVol you may remember as the man behind music for The Brady Bunch.  More importantly to me, though is his run as the character Happy Kyne on Fernwood 2 Nite.  I've recently watched a bunch of episodes on YouTube.  Still hilarious.  I wish that show would be released on DVD.

Anyway, the record is old and has plenty of noise.  I've done my best to clean it up, but its far from perfect.  As far as I can find this isn't on CD so finding the record on e-bay or digital rip is perhaps your best chance of hearing the whole record.

Enjoy!

Fernwood 2 Nite Episode.  See Happy Kyne.



Jay P. on the Gong Show



Here is "Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries"



Here is "Just A Gigolo"

No comments: