Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Chuck Wagon Gang - God's Gentle People - 1962 - 09.12.12


Here is another record I picked up this past summer at a yard sale. I don't have a ton of gospel type music, but every once in a while I will pick one up that looks interesting. I've actually got several albums by The Chuck Wagon Gang. You can read up on their history at their official website.   You can also read the liner notes on the back of this record.  The photo I've provided should be clear enough to read.

This album God's Gentle People is from 1962.  It doesn't seem to be available on their website, so I don't know if it is in print these days.   You can find used vinyl copies for sale with a simple Google search.  I really like the harmonies and arrangements of the songs on this record. Voices are certainly the shining feature in these arrangements with simple instrumental accompaniment. Tracks 1, 4 and 5 are the standouts for me. I personally think that even if you don't have religious leanings you can enjoy the sincerity, joy and spirit of these songs.

Enjoy!

No comments: