Saturday, June 1, 2013

Steve Dahl & Teenage Radiation - Do You Think I'm Disco - 1979






































This is a record I was so excited to find on Record Store Day.  I grew up in the Chicago area and when I was a kid just getting into pop and rock music Steve Dahl was at his height.  I actually started listening a couple years after this record, but I do remember some of the media coverage of his "Disco Sucks" campaign.  One song I remember by Steve Dahl was "Crew Cut Hero", which was a parody of Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero."  General James Lee Dozier was kidnapped by terrorists in 1981 and this song was in reference to that.  Dahl also had another song about serial killer John Wayne Gacy called "Another Kid in the Crawl."  Pretty dark stuff, but as a dumb kids we thought it was funny.  Check out the YouTube clips below.

Enjoy!

Password: sapmusic2013

Steve Dahl & Teenage Radiation

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Hello! I remember back when this came out - Wow! Thanks for sharing, though the passphrase isn't working to unzip?

Spencer said...

Are you sure you typed the password in correctly. I just tried it again myself and it worked. sapmusic2013