Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Bananarama - Cruel Summer 12" - 1984

Summer is just around the corner and so I thought this would be appropriate. If you were growing up in he 80's then I'm sure you remember this song flooding the airwaves in 1984. I must admit that at the time I didn't like this song. It was too pop and too mainstream. I had no appreciation for girl pop groups. Oh how times have changed.

So the main song is nothing new, but perhaps the dub is a little gem for some. Use it to make your own mashup. And I think you might have some fun with Cairo as well, which is a lesser known track.

Enjoy!

01 Cruel Summer.m4a
02 Summer Dub.m4a
03 Cairo.m4a

2 comments:

mystere's moonbat slayer club said...

About a year before Cruel Summer came out here, it got released in England. I remember purchasing the extended version at a family owned record store in the Spring of 1983, and other DJs at the community college I attended wanted a copy of that song. When the Movie "Karate Kid" came out, it gave that song a gigantic boost on radio. By then, I was already hooked on Bananarama. I played plenty of Bananarama and the Go Go's during my days as a student DJ.

Spencer said...

I love it. Keep the good DJ stories coming.