Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lou Monte - Here's Lou Monte

This post is in direct response to a request I just got this weekend. Mandala, whoever you are, this one is for you.

This is one of the super fun Lou Monte records. I know that probably sounds weird since so many of his records were and are fun. And just look at this cover. Lout looks like he's ready to have a good time, doesn't he? This one is really fun because of Tombolee Tombola, Rosina! (The Menu Song), and Angelina. These are all songs with that playful flair Lou Monte has. Rosina! in particular is fun if you grew up in an Italian household because you can reminisce about all the good Italian food. I get hungry just listening to the song. And how great is the lyric,

Oh my Rosina, my senorina
How I'm dreamin' dreamin' dreamin' of Rosina
She's so good looking when she is cooking
What a beautiful sight among the pots and pans

Because I'm kind of posting this on a spur of the moment whim, I'm cutting some corners. I'm just sharing a zip file and not individual files. The tracks however are the following.

01 Tombolee Tombola
02 Bella Notte (From Walt Disney's "Lady And The Tramp")
03 Rosina! (The Menu Song)
04 Angelina
05 I've Got A Crush On You
06 Liza (All The Clouds Roll Away)
07 Fascinating Rhythm
08 Mine
09 Jealous Of You (Tango Della Gelosia)
10 A Baby Cried

Enjoy!

Here's Lou Monte.zip

2 comments:

Mandala said...

Thanks!!! You are the man! My grandmother is so excited, she kept wanting this music!

Spencer said...

You're very welcome. Enjoy!