Monday, December 27, 2010

Camouflage - Love Is A Shield - 1989

More syth pop from the 80's courtesy of my friend's record recently donated record collection. I'm realizing as I post these records from my friend that I don't have any interesting stories to share about when I first heard the song or what I was doing when this song was playing because they are not really from my past. I never heard Camouflage before I got this record and "The Great Commandment". So my history consists of a few listens over the past few months.

What I can share is this. Here is some info on the band from Wikipedia. Also I can tell you that the band reminds me of Depeche Mode. Track 2 "The Story Of The Falling Fighters" really reminds me of some of the darker Depeche Mode output from around this same time. It also has an exotic feel to it. I don't know if it is African or Eastern in influence. I'm not educated enough in world music to pinpoint what exactly is going on there, but when you hear it you'll know what I'm talking about.

"Love Is A Shield" is pretty good too. It's not quite so dark and is more like a mid-tempo dance track. It is also very "Mode"-like, but kind of reminds me of some earlier Depeche Mode.

Enjoy!

01 Love Is A Shield (Extended Version).m4a
02 The Story Of The Falling Fighters (Extended Version).m4a

03 Love Is A Shield.m4a







No comments: