Monday, January 24, 2011

SAP Music Anti-Valentine Mix 2011

As promised here is the first annual "Anti-Valentine Mix". I hope to make this a tradition. It's great to be in love on Valentine's Day, but if you aren't it can be a lame holiday. Having a soundtrack to those feelings may be just the thing you need to get you through all those mocking pink hearts.

As implied by the cover artwork, this is the exact opposite of yesterday's "Valentine Mix". These songs are darker. They are full of pain and heart break. Some are full of anger and perhaps even revenge (see tracks 3 and 4). I've thrown in a couple heart wrenching break ups on there. One not listed in the track listing, but is buried in there is the break up of Ross and Rachel on Friends. Now I never watched Friends beyond maybe the first 5 or 6 episodes, so hearing this dialogue was a first for me. I had no real attachment to the characters and I've never been a Jennifer Aniston fan, but this scene really got to me. I could feel both of the characters' pain. Well done. I guess that is why people watched that show.

Anyway, I've got a great scene from "Lost" in there. I'm a huge fan of that show and recommend it to everyone. Even if they've seen it I tell them to watch it all through again. You make all sorts of new connections each time you watch it. The acting is great and the Michael Giacchino score has to be one of the all time greatest scores, not only on TV but in film as well.

You'll see some of my favorite artists from the Valentine mixes showing up here as well. Romance faves like Sam Cooke could also sing about the pains of love as well. She & Him as well as Cee Lo show up on both mixes.

So if you're in a bad relationship, just got out of a relationship, had your heartbroken, tired of trying to find love or if you just don't get what all this fuss over love is, then this is the mix for you for the month of February.

For a better view of the track listing click here.

Enjoy!


Printable CD Cover Below.

No comments: