Monday, December 16, 2013

Broadway Records - Christmas Songs - 1968


My favorite thing about this record is the caption at the bottom of the cover that says "vocals and orchestration by popular radio and television artists".  I love it because nowhere on the record does it ever tell you who those artists are.  I guess we are supposed to use our imagination as to who those "popular radio and television artists" are.  So I've just listed the artist as Broadway Records.  The second thing I love about the record is the cover artwork.  I have this hanging in my hallway this year I love it so much.  The music is not bad, but it isn't great either.  Generic is probably the best word to describe it.  It covers all the standard Christmas selections.  Nothing new or original.  Still not bad for a spin.  The tracks are:

01 Joy To The World
02 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
03 O Little Town Of Bethlehem
04 It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
05 O' Come All Ye Faithful
06 Deck The Halls With Holly
07 God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
08 Good King Wenceslas
09 Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
10 Jingle Bells
11 Auld Lang Syne
12 Oh Tennenbaum
13 12 Days Of Christmas
14 Silent Night
15 The First Noel


Enjoy!

Christmas Songs

Password - sapmusic2013

No comments: