Tuesday, December 23, 2008

John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together



I'm sure you can find this on CD and I'm sure you can find better copies than my rip and you should. This is a fun record especially if you grew up with the muppets. I know the muppets are still around and I know they have TV specials every now and again, but I don't get the sense that this generation really loves the muppets like the 80's generation did and does still. I loved The Muppet Show. I still absolutely love The Muppet Movie. If you haven't watched that film in a while, you really should do yourself a favor and rewatch it. I think you'd be surprised at how smart and post modern the humor is in the film. And the cameos are first class.

Anyways, here they team up with the late John Denver for s bunch of holiday classics. A lot of time when you have an album of standards you run into danger of just sounding like every other Christmas record, but that is not the case here simply because you have muppet voices singing the songs. The tracks that really feature Denver are also pleasant. I can't say I've ever been a huge John Denver fan, but I do have an album or two and I have to say I enjoy them. Here is turns in some typical gentle performances that set a peaceful Christmas mood. A good example it "A Baby Just Like You". I hadn't heard this song before, but I quite like it. They lyrics and the delivery are pretty good for the season.

Anyways, enough of my rambling. Get to listening. Only a few more days left of the Christmas extravaganza.

Enjoy!

01 Twelve Days Of Christmas.mp3
02 Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.mp3
03 The Peace Carol.mp3
04 Christmas Is Coming.mp3
05 A Baby Just Like You.mp3
06 Deck The Halls.mp3
07 When The River Meets The.mp3
08 Little Saint Nick.mp3
09 Noel Christmas Eve 1913.mp3
10 The Christmas Wish.mp3
11 Medley_ Alfie The Christ.mp3
12 Silent Night, Holy Night.mp3
13 We Wish You A Merry Christmas.mp3

John Denver & The Muppets.zip

1 comment:

Spencer said...

It is a shame. I'm educating my kids. I've shown them the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. That show had tons of original music. I wonder if some of that is available on CD somewhere.