Monday, December 8, 2008

Slim Boyd & The Rangehands - Christmas Country Styl

This record has one of my most favorite Christmas songs of all time. "Wagon On Christmas" is simply a great song let along a great Christmas song. I love the cowboy flavor. The chorus is very catchy and singable. The Chorus also just reminds me of some of the great old Western TV shows. Brings to mind a little bit of Sons Of The Pioneers.

The whole album has that cowboy take on Christmas tunes, that makes it different than a lot of the other Christmas records in my collection.

Don't know much about Slim Boyd & The Rangehands, but this record must be one of their shining moments. There isn't even a wikipedia or allmusic.com entry on them. Would love any insight someone may have on them. But even without the biography, it is okay, because the record speaks for itself. Seriously check out "Wagon On Christmas" first.

Enjoy!

01 Go Tell It To The Mountain.mp3
02 On December 5 and 20.mp3
03 Wagon On Christmas.mp3
04 I Heard The Bells On Christmas.mp3
05 Jeanette Isabella.mp3
06 Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer.mp3
07 The Night Before Christmas.mp3
08 A Santa Claus Greeting.mp3
09 Have A Merry, Merry Christmas.mp3
10 Silent Night.mp3

Slim Boyd & The Rangehands.zip

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice album - thanks!

Spencer said...

You are very welcome.

Cuzzin Joe said...

Wow! I listened to this as a kid and I've been looking for it for years! Just found out the name of the group... sadly, can't seem to find a valid download anywhere... any chance you can re-post so I can download it? Thanks!

Spencer said...

E-mail me and I'll send you a link.

sfilichia@sbcglobal.net