Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Lennon Sisters - Christmas With The Lennon Sister

I love this record. It is pure pop vocal happiness. The Lennon Sisters were staples of the Lawrence Welk Show which featured plenty of easy listening vocal groups like The Lennon Sisters.

The Wikipedia entry on the Lennon Sisters tells some interesting stories of how they got on the Lawrence Welk show. Lawrence's son knew them and so he brought them to the attention of his father. Also there is an interesting story about how a producer approached them to do a sitcom called "My Four Daughters". They turned it down and the producer turned the show into "My Three Sons".

Anyways, they make beautiful harmonies and music with all these holiday classics. They do great with the more serious songs like "Adeste Fideles" and "Silent Night", but they really shine with the lighter fair such as "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus" and "Christmas Island".

The Lennon Sisters are still around these 50 some odd years later. Find out what they are doing on their website.

Enjoy!

01 Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.mp3
02 The Little Drummer Boy.mp3
03 Christmas Island.mp3
04 Adeste Fideles.mp3
05 I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.mp3
06 Silent Night.mp3
07 White Christmas.mp3
08 Jingle Bells.mp3
09 Away In A Manger.mp3
10 Hark! The Herald Angels.mp3
11 Winter Wonderland.mp3
12 O Little Town Of Bethlehem.mp3
13 Joy To The World.mp3
14 I'll Be Home For Christmas.mp3

Lennon Sisters.zip

2 comments:

alix said...

Hi Spencer! My hubby and I are sitting here loungin' to your mix (which i downloaded last night). Can i tell you how awesome Christmas Island is??? Your site has made me so happy. Whoo hoo! We now have the most awesome tunes for the holidays. I have a bunch of old LPs (i started collecting old kids records once we had our little boy) but there is something so awesome about good holiday tunes. Reminds me of many great old xmases. THANKS again! *: ) alex

Spencer said...

Sounds like you've caught the bug. Be careful because it can lead to a house full of records. The down side is records take up a lot of room. The upside is your home is filled with wonderful music and your children will be all the better for it.

I'm glad you are enjoying the mixes. It feels really good to hear such feedback.

Spencer