Saturday, October 25, 2008

An update

When it rains it pours.  After taking just about everything down and starting the big backup process I got another page deleted.  This one is really annoying because I have already taken it down and Blogger then deleted it from my account before I could back it up.  

So now in a paranoid panic I've spent the last 5 and a half hours backing everything up.  My fingers are tired.  Before reposting everything I need to go in and deactivate all the old links.  That is going to be another long process.  I don't actually want to delete the files off the mediafire server because it took so much time and effort to upload and I still may want to use them in the future, but I have to go in and limit the access to them.  I'm hoping by doing that, that I can eliminate these complaints.  I think I'll take my time with that process and just repost as I fix each post.  So things should start reappearing sometime this weekend, if things go as planned.

In case anyone cares, I think I am going to try and fight these complaints.  When I got the first one a month ago I was at first ready to do what I needed to get the lost post back.  It took a lot of reading and such and found out I have to send a letter to Blogger/Google saying I wasn't infringing on any copyrights on their site.  I basically got lazy and never followed through and then the anger faded and I just figured I had lost the post.  Now that I have lost two more I think I will fight to get them back.  This should be interesting and I'll update you on the process as it unfolds.  Wish me luck.

No comments: