Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I feel so lame with today's post. It's Election day and so the listening started early today as I waited in line to vote. I had a big long list of songs, but then I did something stupid. I stopped the random and played an individual track which got rid of what I had played. So I'm going to try and recall as much of the songs as possible and the order is going to be all messed up, but no one would ever know.

Another Day - Left Alone
Contact - Prids
Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp
She Rides - Danzig
She - Misfits (Yes these two did play back to back. Funny, huh?)
Alone - Thicke
We're Going To Be Friends - Jack Johnson
Roll With It - Oasis
Headhunter V. 3.0 - Front 242
River Deep Mountain High - Ike and Tina Turner
Exsanguination - AFI
Spring Awakening/Left Behind - Spring Awakening Cast
Half Way To Crazy - Jesus and The Mary Chain
Magic Number - De La Soul
Air Traffic Control (Out Of Oxygen) - Louis XIV
J'Attenderai - Nestor Amaral
Running Down A Dream - Tom Petty And The Heart Breakers
On The Dark Side - John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band
Tonight, Tonight, Tonight - Genesis

I wish I could write about all of these songs, but because of voting and the craziness of work I don't have time to say much. So I'll just give one plug for now.

If you ever have a chance to see "Spring Awakening", please do. It is my favorite musical in years. It isn't exactly a fun romp like Hairspray. It is actually very serious and tragic, but sooooo powerful. You can listen to the soundtrack which is great, but I don't think you'll get the full force. I can testify to this. I heard the music before seeing the play and I was luke warm on it, but then I saw the production and every song had new weight and meaning once heard in context.

So that may be it for now. If I have time later today to write more I will, but don't count on it.

Cheers!

No comments: