Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real/Star Love 12"

Years ago my wife worked for a record company that imported and exported music. Most of what they exported was American Dance and hip hop to the far east. Every once an a while some one in the warehouse would give her records for me. This was one of them.

Sure these songs are from the 70's, but they are timeless classics and are always being repressed, at least they were about 9 years ago.

"Got To Be Real" is an all time classic dance song. I believe it is featured nicely in Boogie Nights. This track will get any party started or any dance floor started. Cheryl Lynn really belts it out in this song as well.

"Star Love" wasn't as well known to me. I'm pretty sure it was a single released the year after "Got To Be Real". It sounds a little more dated as just pure disco. There is a little bit in the song that reminds me of the Max Rebo Band from "Return Of The Jedi". Take that as you will, but in my book, it means a little bit of cheese. Still, the song can get you going and is still very dance friendly.

Enjoy!

01 Got To Be Real.mp3
02 Star Love.mp3

3 comments:

Spencer said...

It does seem strange doesn't it. I don't know what the deal was. I think the record is just geared towards club DJ's and those records often just have just the one song per side.

Impatient Bastards said...

Hey Spencer. The real A-side was "Star Love",which clocked in at 7 minutes or so on the 12''. "Got To Be Real" was,for this release only,the B-Side - this may have to also do with TOTO releasing a 12'' version of "Georgy Porgy" featuring Cheryl Lynn as featured backing vocalist.

Spencer said...

Thanks for the info. Makes sense.