Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Kirby Stone Four - Red Shoes/Ev'rything's Coming Up Roses 7"

This music is so happy you’ll want to shoot yourself in the head after hearing. You’ll question your whole existence wondering why you aren’t as happy as the people singing “Ev’rything’s Coming Up Roses”. I mean seriously who’s this happy? I consider myself pretty happy go lucky and for the most part a glass half full kind of guy, but I don’t know that I’ve ever hit the heights this song is selling. Have a listen and see what you think.

“Red Shoes” is also from some alternate universe of the perpetually happy. It doesn’t quite reach the levels of the A-side because the subject matter isn’t so inherently happy. This is some weird song about weird shoes. The song wouldn’t be quite so strange if the main voices singing were the female voices, but it’s the men singing about these shoes. Some guys may obsess over red shoes, but they are in the minority. It seems more like a song for the ladies. But maybe it’s that unexpected twist that I find appealing for it’s quirkiness.

Enjoy!

01 Ev'rything's Coming Up Roses.m4a
02 Red Shoes.m4a

No comments: