Sunday, June 22, 2008

Depeche Mode - Wherehouse 03.20.90 Promo Tape




I found this tape in a thrift store recently. I didn't quite know what to expect. I believe it is basically a radio show produced by KROQ in Los Angeles with Richard Blades telling the story of an in store appearance of Depeche Mode in 1990. This was at the height of Depeche Mode mania. Violator came out then. I was in college then and I remember how big this record was. It seemed like the single just kept coming.

Anyways, the band did an in store appearance in LA that kind of got out of hand and this is the story of that event. There are lots of interviews and it has a nice narrative. It's about 20 minutes long. It serves as a pretty cool time capsule for 1990. If you were at all a fan of the band back then and remember this record coming out, I think you'll like listening to this for the nostalgia factor.

Also included is a mix of "Something To Do", which I'm sure is on one of the many Depeche Mode box sets collecting every single mix of every single out there.

Enjoy!

01 Interview.m4a
02 Something To Do (Metal Mix Version).m4a

No comments: