Saturday, August 23, 2008

Allan Sherman - The Drinking Man's Diet b/w The Laarge Daark Aardvark Song 7" - 1965

I and I'm sure many others were first exposed to Allan Sherman through his two Camp Granada songs, "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah" and the sequels. I heard the original song on the Dr. Demento show where it was a bit of a staple.

Since collecting records I've picked up a few of Allan Sherman's records. They are quite easy to find in thrift stores. He sold a lot of records and since they are comedy records of their time they end up being sent to the thrift stores instead of being handed down to new generations, much the way Barbra Streisand records litter the record bins of thrift store.


This the only single I have from Allan and both songs are of course very funny. "Drinking Man's Diet" doesn't even really feel too dated. I mean really, when has drinking and alcoholism gone out of style. Timeless.

Enjoy!

01 The Drinking Man's Diet.m4a
02 The Laarge Daark Aardvark Song.m4a

No comments: