Friday, February 8, 2008

Demented Are Go - Hotrod Vampires Limited 7"

Here's a somewhat more recent release. I figure it is probably okay to post because this was a limited release and is long out of print. This EP was my introduction to Demented Are Go. I got this this one based completely on the fact that it was in the psychobilly bin at Amoeba and because I like the cover and title. Then I opened the record and before I could even turn on the record I saw the insert with the photos of the band in all their zombie makeup. Things were looking up at that point. Then the icing on the cake was that the music was also tough, hard and ghoulish. Perfect.
Someday I really hope to see these guys live. Not long after I got this record they were going to come play California. I got tickets and I was excited and even a little scared. I showed up the night of the show and was told at the House Of Blues that the band had visa problems and were denied entry into the county. I couldn't believe it. I've been keeping an eye out for their return, but I haven't seen it yet. I saw Hellbilly played for them and they were pretty good, but I still wish I could have seen Demented Are Go.
So until then I have this selection to listen to.

No comments: