Friday, September 12, 2008

Steve Bolton - Walk On The Wild Side 12" - 1987

This is a lighter funner version of the Lou Reed classic song. Steve gives it an 80's synth pop treatment and the overall effect is that it lightens the mood considerable. I like this version and I don't feel quite as dirty after listening to it like I do when I listen to Lou's version. His version is just a little grittier and dirtier. That's not a bad thing. It's just different.

I don't know anything about Steve Bolton other than I have this record. I see it for sale on various websites and auctions for 10-15 bucks. If you like it enough, go buy it. Otherwise just enjoy what I'm offering up today in digital form.

Enjoy!

01 Walk On The Wild Side (Vocal).m4a
02 Walk On The Wild Side (Instrumental).m4a

No comments: