Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Belle Stars - Sign Of the Times/Madness 12" - 1983

Here's a poppy single from The Belle Stars. I of course missed this the first time around in the 80's. Wasn't really into female British pop groups at the time. However now I find this to be quite pleasant and a Bananarama sort of way.

The Belle Stars ran up a few hits in the UK in the early 80's. Later in the decade one of their hits "Iko Iko" was use in the film Rain Man and that brought them brief success on the Yankee charts. That song I do remember, but I wouldn't have known these were the ladies that did that song.

The B-Side "Madness" is also a pretty good song. It's a little more up tempo and aggressive. In my opinion a better dance track than the A-side. The sax work reminds me of some other popular 80's tune, but for the life of me I can't place it. If anyone out there has an ideas, please chime in.

Enjoy!

01 Sign Of The Times.m4a
02 Madness.m4a

No comments: