Sunday, July 27, 2008

Level 42 - The Chinese Way - 1983

I am by no means a big fan of Level 42. They are one of those bands that I've always just kind of known about, but never really got around to getting into. There are so many of those bands and there just simply isn't enough time and resources to get to them all.

Anyways, this record is really my only real exposure to them. I'm sure that may shock some people, because I think there is a devoted following for Level 42. This single of "The Chinese Way" is pretty decent. It's got a catchy synth popness to it if you are into that sort of thing. I think I like the music more than the lyrics, which in a way makes the second cut my favorite because it is the dub version.

After that I like the UK Mix better than the US mix. It sounds fuller and seems like is would be better in a club. That's my opinion anyway. Let me know which version you like.

Enjoy!

01 The Chinese Way (U.S. Mix).mp3
02 The Chinese Way (Dub Version).mp3
03 The Chinese Way (UK Mix).mp3

No comments: