Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Chesterfield Kings - Barbara Ann 7"

A year or two ago I saw The Chesterfield Kings opening for The New York Dolls. They were good enough for me to pick up this recor when I saw it. They put on a very Stonesy show which fit in well with the evening. David Johansen was basically doing his best Jagger impression the whole night. It should be noted here, though, that the real reason I went to the show was to see the Supersuckers and to be brutally honest, they stole the show. If you ever have the chance to catch the them do yourself a favor and do so. They will rock your socks off. If you have a chance to see them do one of their country sets you should definitely jump at the chance. Anyways enough about The Supersuckers. The Chesterfield Kings are very much like The New York Dolls in concert. They've been around since the late 70's coming out of that sort of New York punk scene. With that said this record is nothing like that. When I bought this I was thinking I was going to get some sort of re-invention of these Beach Boys songs. What I got, however, were two faithful respectful renditions of the songs. They pretty much sound like they were recorded back in the 60's and have all the fun and flavor of the originals. I like them. Hope you do too.
Enjoy!
01 Barbara Ann.m4a
02 Girl Don't Tell Me.m4a

No comments: