Sunday, January 27, 2008

Horst Jankowski - Simpel Gimpel 7"

Who the heck was Horst Jankowski? I have no idea. I can tell you that he recorded one weird number with "Simpel Gimpel". For the most part if is just a happy-go-lucky instrumental, but there are these crazy vocal singing "oohs", "Ahs" "doots" etc. At one moment the song seems really serious and then these vocals will come in and undercut everything. I can't help but laugh. The last couple vocalizations of "uh huh" and "mm hmm" (I think that's is how to spell such a thing) are a perfect punchline to this nonsense song.

"Charming Vienna" is nothing special. It's neither here nor there.

The record is pretty beat up and scratchy, but I think that is okay because I don't know how or where else you'll be able to listen to this.


Enjoy!

No comments: