Friday, March 14, 2008

Francisco Gabilondo Soler - Cri Cri MKE 4 7"

This is part 2 to a post from February 19th. I posted the "Cowboy Mouse" record by ole Franciso. I bought this record at the same time as the other record and I enjoy it almost as much as the other. To be honest it is really hard to beat that "El Raton Vaquero" song. On this record I really like "Negrito Bailarin". On this one I really don't know what it means. I assume Negrito has something to do with black, but Bailarin is a mystery to me. I'm sure there are people out there shaking their heads in utter disgust that I don't know what it means and that I haven't taken the time to look it up. To be honest I kind of like staying in the dark on this one.

Why do I like this song? Well the chorus is sweet and catchy. Also it has this bit near the end, where is sounds like tap dancing. I don't know if that is the intention, but that is what I hear.

"Jorobita" is pretty good, but my next favorite song on this record is "Marcha De Las Letras". I can make out just enough to get that the intro is setting up what the song is going to be about and then what proceeds is your basic kids song about letters marching by. At least that is what I think it is about. I could be wrong. The song has a great little marching thing going on, but not in the big military sense of the word. This is more like Christopher Robin and the wonderful characters of the 1000 acres woods having a parade. It is sweet and innocent.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Spencer said...

Again, thanks for the translation on this one. Yeah, I'm sure this one wouldn't fly in the States too well these days. Still it is a catchy little song to hum.